On Course: Strategies for Creating Success in College and in Life (Textbook-Specific Csfi)
ON COURSE: STRATEGIES FOR CREATING SUCCESS IN COLLEGE AND IN LIFE empowers students with the tools they need to take charge of their academic and lifelong success. Through distinctive guided journal entries, Skip Downing encourages students to explore and develop their personal responsibility, self-motivation, interdependence, and self-esteem, and to make wise choices that create successful
ON COURSE: STRATEGIES FOR CREATING SUCCESS IN COLLEGE AND IN LIFE empowers students with the tools they need to take charge of their academic and lifelong success. Through distinctive guided journal entries, Skip Downing encourages students to explore and develop their personal responsibility, self-motivation, interdependence, and self-esteem, and to make wise choices that create successful results. “Wise Choices in College” sections in each chapter help students develop the study skills they need to excel in their other courses. The 7th edition features expanded coverage of diversity, emphasizing the many ways in which people are different and how these differences often influence the choices they make. Other new topics include a discussion of academic integrity, how to thrive in the college culture, and a research-based section on the importance of developing a growth mindset. Plus, a new Annotated Instructors Edition guides instructors to relevant exercises and materials in the ON COURSE FACILITATOR’S MANUAL. Available with InfoTrac Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Self-Assessment Questionnaires. On Course begins and ends with a self-assessment questionnaire. By completing the initial questionnaire, students can see areas of growth that need attention. By completing the concluding questionnaire, students see their semester’s growth. Students have the option of completing the questionnaire either in the text or online.
- Guided Journal Entries. A guided journal entry immediately follows each article, giving students an opportunity to apply the success strategy they have just learned to enhance their results in college and in life. Believing in Yourself articles and journal activities appear in each chapter, reinforcing the importance of developing strong self-esteem for long-term success.
- Articles on Proven Success Strategies. Thirty-three brief articles explain powerful strategies for creating success in college and in life. Each article presents a success strategy from influential figures in psychology, philosophy, business, sports, politics, and personal and professional growth. In these articles, students will learn the “secrets” of the extraordinarily successful.
- Case Studies for Critical Thinking. Case studies help students apply the strategies they learn to a real-life situation. As such, they help prepare students to make wise choices in the kinds of challenging situations they will likely face in college. Because case studies don’t have “right” answers, they also promote critical and creative thinking.
- On Course Principles at Work. These sections show how important the On Course success strategies are for choosing the right career, getting hired, and succeeding in the work world.